A recipe by Alessandra Pierini
Ingredients for 4 people | Preparation time: 15 mins | Cooking time: 15-20 mins | Difficulty: easy
- 400g penne rigate or penne mezze
- 40 pitted taggiasche olives
- 40 g desalted capers in oil or salt
- 6 anchovy fillets
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and thinly sliced
- 400 g ciliegino or datterino type cherry tomatoes (or good quality canned)
- fruity olive oil
- 1 pinch of chilli (powdered or chopped)
- a few sprigs of chopped fresh parsley
- salt pepper
Brown the olives, capers, anchovies, garlic and chilli with 4 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet.
Add the halved tomatoes, salt and pepper and simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta al dente.
Drain them and plunge them into the pan of hot sauce, possibly softened with 1 or 2 spoonfuls of cooking water (remember to reserve it).
Mix, simmer for another minute and serve hot with the chopped parsley. Variation: instead of anchovies, you can use 150 g of tuna in olive oil.